Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Thanks help. Our cat has increased in weight to be 11kg! This is an increase

Customer Question

Hi, thanks for your help. Our cat has increased in weight to be 11kg! This is an increase of 4.2 kg in the past 7 months! He eats CD Science Diet, but we have probably been overfeeding him a little as he always seems hungry! Please could you advise me about the calorific value in the average serving of CD and how much we should be feeding our cat in order to help him lose weight on a gradual basis. Thank you very much.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you confirm whether you are feeding Tommy the wet or dry food?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dry CD, thank you

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,

Now I have actually just been called away to see one of my patients and need to go. I am very happy to continue to aid you when I return, but if you need an answer right away, just let me know and I will opt out (or you can relist the question).

I do apologize for this sudden needing to dash but again am more then happy to help you workout a caloric plan for Tommy when I return.

All the best,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No thanks, ***** ***** I'll find the answer elsewhere.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
If you just wanted to know the volume to feed for his current weight its just 134g per day. But I admit I had planned to sit down and work out his caloric needs to help you manage his weight as best we can.
Take care,
Dr. B.