Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Throwing up. he's 17. he grazes floor.

Customer Question

throwing up. he's 17. he grazes floor.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is DR J and I will be happy to help you with this. Vomiting is a very non specific sign of disease or problems and there are many reasons that a 17 year old cat could vomit. The two most common causes of vomiting in a 17 year old cat would be hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. But also cancer of the GI tract can cause it and so can a foreign body. I would recommend that you take Frankie to your vet and have an exam, CBC, chem panel, T4 lytes and urinalysis done to start with. Chances are pretty good that those diagnostics will give you the answer. I hope this helps you and please let me know if you have other question as I will be happy to answer those. I will check my computer again tonight and tomorrow am and pm. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Dr J. I am checking back in with you to see if you need further help. Don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks and have a great day.
DRJ