Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc
9138059

I have four kittens who are now six and eight weeks old. They

Customer Question

I have four kittens who are now six and eight weeks old. They are adorable but this week they seem lethargic and weak with stained voices. What can be happening?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding your four kittens. It is definitely concerning that they all seem weak and lethargic at the moment, and this combined with their strained voices could definitely be a sign of cat flu. These kittens aren't far away from needing their first vaccinations, in fact some veterinarians would have already given a 1st vaccination by 8 weeks of age. It is also important to remember that each kitten should have had deworming treatments by now as well.
Given all four kittens seems lethargic, it is highly likely that these symptoms are due to an infectious cause. If these four kittens seem particularly lethargic tonight, then you really are best to get them checked over by your local vet or ER vet tonight if you can. You are always better to play it safe with such young ones, particularly at this age, and when they have potential respiratory symptoms (ie the strained voices).
There isn't a lot you can do from home unfortunately. As above, if they are quite lethargic right now, then please get them seen tonight. If they are eating and toileting without and issue, seem to be breathing ok, and are otherwise happy, then you could wait until first thing tomorrow when your regular vet is open. I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I hope you managed to get this little one seen by your local vet? How did you get on?
It would be great to get an update when you get a chance.
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sally,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Pet Doc