Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

You gave me excellent help with my kitten,

Customer Question

.You gave me excellent help with my kitten, Meg, for whom I was trying to find a high quality food on April 12 & 13. She was having allergy problems. I come to you again to see if you can guide me at this point in the process. Tried Meg on the Natural Balance Duck & Pea. As she continued to have the allergy symptoms, she was put on the Hill's Prescription Diet (dd) without improvement. We then gave her a blood test to see what the allergens were; the problematic foods are pea and pork! I have looked at many brands, but each of them either had pea or pork in them. Can you please refer me to some that are without either but retain the quality I would like to give her. Thank you, ***** *****

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Valerie,

I am sorry Meg has allergies. She is probably allergic to poultry which is in A/D (chicken) and Natural balance (duck and pea).

I suggest you try rabbit, venison or buffalo. www.wildcalling.com

has those and other natural foods with no additives, pork or peas.

If you enter your zip code they will direct you to suppliers nearby or they can also send the food directly to you.

Please let me know how this works out for Meg.

If you wish to talk further just reply and I will be here for you.

Love,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have already given her the venison, rabbit, and buffalo. She can eat these and chicken, beef, and salmon also. I appreciate knowing about the website you listed, but I was hoping for 2 or 3 brands listed by name that are free of the pork and pea as Dr. Karing supplied me with at an earlier date. I really need that kind of assistance at this point; I would appreciate the research help.

Thank you so much.

Valerie

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Dear Valerie,
You are more then welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.
Wild calling IS the brand name. They make food,specifically with no additives grains or carageenan. The foods are designed for cats with allergies.
Here is a list of what they offer:
http://wildcalling.com/
There are other natural foods like Merrick, werruva, natural balance so at Petco:
http://www.petco.com/N_23_92_4294958166/Cat-Food-On-Sale.aspx
However, I highly recommend wild calling. Why not give it a try and let me know how Meg does on it?
I think you will be really happy with it.
Love,
Terri