Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I hv a kitten that is sneezing. Does she need to see a dr?

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How old is your kitten?
2- How often is she sneezing?
3- Any nasal or eye discharge?
4- Is she eating and drinking?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kitten is 8 was old and she has been w us two wks and just started sneezing there are no other symptoms she is eating and drinking and has a lot of energy
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, an occasional sneeze is normal and should not be grounds to have her seen by a veterinarian. If she develops a nasal or ocular discharge this will be consistent with a respiratory infection and should be seen by family veterinarian. For now, I would recommend to open the hot water in your bathroom and allow her to breath the steam/vapor for 3-5 minutes 2 times a day for 1-2 days; this will clear her nasal passages and help with the sneezing.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter