Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

There. My cat keeps walking on this 15 foot high ledge

Customer Question

Hi there. My cat keeps walking on this 15 foot high ledge . Actually there are two of them, they are abotu a year old and we just moved to a new house. THey are loving the new house, but they both love climbing this 15 foot high ledge above a hardwood floor . They are at the age where they chase each other all night and play. I am really worried that in rough play they will fall off the ledge and hurt themsevles. Don't know what to do!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I know you are worried and there is a slight chance that one of them could get hurt on this ledge. Unless there is a way to block off this area, there is no way to stop Sandy and Basra from playing on this ledge. In most cases, cats are very agile and are used to balancing without getting hurt. Even with my own cats that walk on very tiny areas that are very high up, I do not worry because they are so agile.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****