Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

I have a calico cat that has past 2 days..been peeing

Customer Question

I have a calico cat that has for the past 2 days..been peeing everywhere. The urine has no odor. sometimes it is yellow, and concentrated and only the size of a quarter. The next time, it will be 30 to 40 mls and clear white. She is very weak after urinating, lying next to the spot where she has just urinated. I have even mopped right next to her and she does not get up and walk away. The cat is about 5 years old. She is not using the litter box, but will go back to the litter box area at times and urinate there. I have an appt on Wednesday, but the way she is declining, I am worried she may not make it til then. I read online that she can have urinary crystal (?) or an UTI. Or diabetes. What can I do to help her in the mean time?
Denise
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi Denise,
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I totally agree with your urgency since she is greatly being affected systemically. My concern is that her increased urine production and frequency of urination is due to something systemic (like kidney disease or diabetes) and not a lower urinary tract infection. I'd get her seen tomorrow, either by calling your veterinary office and letting them know that this may be an emergency situation, or calling another veterinarian(s) until you can have your cat seen immediately.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Barbara