Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 3 month old kitten isn't eating. He will drink a little

Customer Question

My 3 month old kitten isn't eating. He will drink a little water then vomits. His stomach is extended and I can feel his collar bone. Also, I can feel his spine bones. Our vet won't be open until tomorrow. Can you please tell me what has happened?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he had these GI signs?

Was he ever wormed?

Does the belly seem distended with fluid?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, string, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is a very sad day for me. My husband took our kitty to the Vet

and was told and this is if I understand correctly, it was similar to a appendicitis. There isn't a cure and he had the option of bringing our kitty home to die or let the Vet put him to sleep. Neither of us wanted the kitten to suffer for one more minute.

Now for my complaint. I chose to pay for your service with PayPal but only after I clicked on payment did I see I was paying for a subscription. That I was signing up for $20.00 a month. I was furious.

I am willing to pay the $20.00 for your time and expertise but I do not want to pay $20.00 every month. See what you can do to get me out of this.

Nina Hansen

Huntsville TX