Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc
9138059

We found a baby kitten and have been feeding her a bottle for

Customer Question

we found a baby kitten and have been feeding her a bottle for 3 weeks.. now she is having seicures... what do we do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding the little orphaned kitten you have been looking after who now seems to be having seizures. There are quite a number of things that could be going on here, but the first thing would be for your local vet to confirm that Bug is indeed having seizures. In order to help confirm whether this is seizure activity or not, if you see Bug have another episode, then while one of you watches over her, someone else needs to try and video the activity on a smart phone.
If these are indeed seizures, they can occur in kittens for a large number of reasons including a low blood glucose level, a congenital or developmental issue, an infectious cause, or an internal organ issue such as a liver shunt. Whatever the case, this little girl really needs veterinary attention as soon as possible. If you can get her seen by your local vet this morning please do. Here they can carry out a full exam, and a number of tests to try and understand the cause of the episodes you have been seeing.
Until you can get this little girl seen, please continue with the bottle feeding and keeping her worm. Please use a specific cat milk replacement formula from your local pet store, and be very careful not to force feed her this milk.
I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.