Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Cat had kittens about 4 weeks ago 1 had and eye infection and

Customer Question

Cat had kittens about 4 weeks ago 1 had and eye infection and it has know died. Did it die from the eye infection? What type of medicine do I get to treat the others?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the others is showing signs of an eye infection. Are you able to write me a prescription, I live over and hour away from a Veterinarian and don't have a lot of money to pay to see one but I don't want my other kittens to die. Please help. thank you
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry you lost a kitten.Can you please describe how the eyes look or post a picture?
Thanks,
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Added on photo he's not looking to good today
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for the pictures. I do not think the baby died from the eye infection but they others are going to need antibiotic eye ointment.
Only a vet that has actually seen the kitten is allowed (by law) to write a prescription, so you cannot get it online.
I can give you coupons for a free vet visit if one of these are near you:
here are two Vets that offer a free first visit:
http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer
http://www.banfield.com/exclusiveoffer/
In the meantime get some teabags, not chamomile (regular orange pekoe tea).
Dampen them in warm water. Apply the damp teabag for at least two minutes on - then 15 minutes off for an hour. Repeat every 3 hours. The tanic acid in the tea will sooth until you can get medication.
Please let me know how the babies are doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Love,
Terri