Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has been having issues months now and I

Customer Question

My cat has been having issues for several months now and I am just looking for a second opinion on what is going on. He will be 13 in June, and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroid about 7 months ago. After a few months on medication he had surgery in which the right gland was removed. Shortly after this he started wheezing, as though he was trying to pass a hairball, and he would throw up clear liquid. He also had a gurgling sounding purr. Hairball medication did not help, and an x-ray showed a cloudy area in his lungs. He was put on prednisone and something else (Freme-something?) and the coughing went away and he stopped throwing up. He went back for an X-ray and the lung cloud was gone, but he came home from the vet with a bad back and was limping. We went back to the vet and he said there was nothing structural, and he must have strained his muscles. So then the cat went on painkillers, and was still on prednisone. Then the limp went into his right shoulder, and he wouldn't put weight on his front leg. Another X-ray did not show anything wrong, although it did confirm that the cloud in his lungs was gone. But when he was examined there were small bumps under his tongue. Now he has had the bumps removed and sent for a biopsy, and both shoulders biopsied. He is in pain, and just sleeps all the time, and his purr is still rough, as though he has hurt his throat. I am now waiting on biopsy results, but I am not sure what the possibilities are. I assume cancer is one possibility but what does all this have to do with his lameness? I am just worried and wanted another opinion on this strange series of illnesses. Thanks

just realized I should have added that since he came home from having the biopsies, he ate a the convalescence food that the vet sent home with him, but now that is gone he won't eat.

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would still like assistance please

Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Camille-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you please cancel this enquiry and refund my money? I no longer wish to pursue this.

Thank you