Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

GA-Sha we took our 9 year old Himalayan cat to the er around 3 am

Customer Question

we took our 9 year old Himalayan cat to the er around 3 am after what seemed like a major cat fight for her cuts and gouges. Her other symptom was wobbliness andRyan my dad is back at er, I'm otw there now. hope u get this my shit is like 1%..I'll call u when I get to a charger or my mom's phone. Methodist sugarland if you want to come falling when trying to walk. The vet clipped and cleaned her wounds and kept over night. She is still there and still wobbly. The vet and I feel her wounds shouldn't be causing that. I'm wondering if its possible her inner ear may have been damaged or something because it doesn't seem to be brain injury. Thoughts?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rosie_MRCVS replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you and Bailey. I'm sorry that she is injured. I have a couple of questions, if that's ok:
- has the vet run any blood tests on her?
- can you describe any wobbliness to me?
- prior to this, was she eating and drinking normally? any change?
- where were her cuts and bruises - everywhere?
- did she need any stitches?
- is she on any medication?
Sorry for the number of questions - the extra information will really help. You can get back to me by hitting 'reply'. Thank you, Rosie.
Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/93ywr-took-year-old-himalayan-cat-er-around.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.