Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat stepped in a strong cleaner and licked her paw, she

Customer Question

My cat stepped in a strong cleaner and licked her paw, she is drinking a ton of water.... What should I do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Saki this holiday weekend. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
What cleaner was this, or what are the a Active ingredients? If you know the name of the cleaner, I can try to look it up.
How long ago did this happen?
Is she vomiting at all?
This is an Info Request to help me answer you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cleaner was T.S.P it happened about an hour ago, I realized it because she was licking her lips a lot like she ate something she didn't like.... I gave her fresh water right away, she drank a ton of it for a while..... She ate 5 minutes ago and seems ok... I'm just not sure if she's lazier than normal or of Its just in my head
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.
TSP is trichlorophospahte. It can burn the inside of the mouth, but you may not see the burns right away.
It is not recommended to induce vomiting. I would continue to give her milk and water to drink, to dilute the cleanser that she got.
If she does develop burns, she may have trouble eating until they heal and pain medication may be helpful, but I hope she did not get enough to cause burning.
Let me know how she is doing, and what else I can help with.