Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat cindy a white short hair domestic, has been to a vet

Customer Question

my cat cindy a white short hair domestic, has been to a vet several time for a problem she has had for a year , I feel she picked it up from a cattery at Ingleburn , she keep scratching around her head pulling out large clumps of fur with follicle attached. The vet suggested it was a flea allergy.We give her a comfortis flea tablet but she is still pulling out clumps of hair.What can we do.Can we get an appointment with Dr Harry to give us a second opinion
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is DR J and I have dealt with this exact problem many times. This is some type of allergy and there are only 3 categories to be concerned about. The two most likely are food allergy or flea allergy. If she has fleas on her then it is most likely a flea allergy. If she has no fleas then it is most likely a food allergy. The only way to disprove food allergy is to do a 12 week food trial with a prescription food allergy diet. Your vet should have a diet they can recommend. I like DD venison and pea. If you are dealing with food allergy, then after 12 week she should start to look better. I have been treating both of these conditions for over 25 years. Please let me know if you have any questions at all as I would be happy to answer any other concerns you may have. I check my computer twice daily. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DR J and I am just checking back in with you to see if you need further help. Most Sincerely,DRJ