Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

We have a 13 yr old cat that is active - the perpetual kitten.

Customer Question

We have a 13 yr old cat that is active - the perpetual kitten. In the last day or two she has had little energy. She eats and drinks. No diarrhea, coughing, vomiting. She seems to have a tad more energy today...not sure if we should rush her in or give her time.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern for Marcie.
Your last sentence is what helped me to answer your question. If Marcie is normally quite responsive, and now not willing to come, that is convincing enough for me, and at this age, to warrant the vet visit.
If a basic blood and urine test has not been done in the past 6 months, that is likely where your vet would want to start, since it yields a lot of general information about the body.
Great that everything else is okay, but clearly, there is something disturbing Marcie.
Worth the visit.
Good Luck!
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cindy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?