brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My cat is having the issue of sneezing and lately the sneezing

Customer Question

my cat is having the issue of sneezing and lately the sneezing is caused him to vomit. The issue was new puppy we brought to the house ( our old dog died 5 month ago). Vet saw him already 3 times and comes back with the same answers- cat is fine, but it keeps doing the same thing over again
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
We can see sneezing for several reasons - a foreign body stuck in the nasal passages, dental disease, a growth (nasopharyngeal polyp), or even allergies.
The easiest one to treat would be allergies. We can certainly try an OTC human antihistamine called Chlortrimeton and see how he responds. The dosing for an adult cat is one tablet (4mg chlorpheniramine) every 12-24 hours as needed to control the sneezing.
If this doesn't work, I think it would be best to have his nasal passages scoped (rhinoscopy) to look for a mass or polyp.
Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.