Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have 9 year old cat but lately when she urine it come out

Customer Question

I have 9 year old cat but lately when she urine it come out boody. Can you tell me what it is ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Is she urinating more frequently?
2- Is she strictly indoors?
3- Any other symptoms?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she does not urine a lot. She a inside cat. No other symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, when we see bloody urine in a female cat this can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: A urinary tract infection, bladder stones, cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), etc. to name a few causes.
In this case we are very limited as to what you can do at home. Blanca will need to be seen by a veterinarian for a hands on examination, urinalysis and +/-xrays as initial screening test. In addition she may need oral antibiotics. If cost is a concern look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost. In the meantime make sure she drinks plenty of water; the flushing action of water helps with infections and inflammation of the lower urinary tract.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Dr. Peter