Dr. Karing
Dr. Karing, Veterinarian
Experience:  General veterinarian with a special interest in internal medicine and emphasis on individualized care.
24928096

I have a 3 year old short hair tabby male that

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old short hair tabby male that i’m a bit worried about. He’s an indoor/outdoor kitty that lives in a very rural setting and after spending a full day out exploring and hunting has become very lethargic. This is day two of his symptoms and I don't see any improvement. He doesn’t want to eat which is of a major concern in that he’s usually quite ravenous. I’ve found no injuries and he does’t seem to mind being held, petted or picked up. Using his sister as a reference, his breathing, heart rate and temperature seem to be normal and there hasn’t been any vomiting that I know of. Please let me know if I should get him to the vet immediately.
Thank You
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I'm very sorry that Kubrick isn't feeling well. His symptoms seem pretty vague so it is difficult to give you a lot of feedback as to what his problem may be. However, to answer your specific question, I do recommend you get him to the veterinarian today. Cats are masters at disguising illness as to not appear vulnerable to predators. I would say this is especially true for indoor/outdoor cats that hunt. So when such a cat seems to feel badly, it is almost always something that requires medical attention. Hopefully it won't be serious but better safe than sorry to get him seen by a vet right away: especially since this is the second day in a row that he has been unwell.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful. Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if you have more questions or would like additional information. It is my goal to provide you with the most complete information possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating. I would really like to hear about how Kubrick's visit with the vet goes and wish him a speedy recovery.
Sincerely, Customer
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Karing