Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I dropped/lost a 1,000 mg garlic pill. I can not find it anywhere.

Customer Question

I dropped/lost a 1,000 mg garlic pill. I can not find it anywhere. How concerned do I need to be in regards ***** ***** cats? What if they find it before me?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.
Garlic is serious worry for our cats. In high doses like what is contained in this tablet, it could lead to GI upset, anorexia, but most worryingly it can cause serious anemia (rupture of red blood cells). So, it is quite dangerous.
Therefore, even though most cats know better then to eat a pill, we need to make sure this tablet is found and that the risk from it is totally removed. Therefore, it would be ideal to lock the cats out of the room where it was lost. Then you will want to carefully, calmly search for it. You can even use your vacuum to reach hard to reach places and increase your chance of finding and disposing of the tablet before it can cause any of your kitties harm.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )