Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

One of my cats has ulcers in her mouth and it seems that nothing

Customer Question

One of my cats has ulcers in her mouth and it seems that nothing has been able to cure them. Se been on steroids for a month and she also had a round of antibiotics. What could be causing the ulcers? Is there another treatment I should try?
Thanks!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long has she had these?
Where in her mouth are they (ie tongue, lips, roof of the mouth?
Has your vet done any testing to diagnose the ulcers?
Does she drink excessively?
Can you take a photo of one? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.