helperDVM
helperDVM, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian.
76789122

What does Nelio 5 do. My cat, I believe has an enlarged

Customer Question

What does Nelio 5 for cats do. My cat, I believe has an enlarged heart according to his French vet ... help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear about poor Thomas' heart problem! Nelio 5 is a blood pressure medication. It is very helpful in pets with a heart condition because it lowers Thomas' blood pressure. The way this helps is that with lower blood pressure the heart does not have to work as hard to get blood to travel around the body!
The heart is a muscle that if it gets too large it can no longer do its job as well. The harder it works the larger it will get (think of lifting weights with any other muscle in the body more work = the muscle getting bigger). While the medication will not stop the progression of his heart disease it has been proven to slow the progression! Hope that helps!
Good luck!
If you are satisfied please rate me, if not let me know how I can be of more help!
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rosalind,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Thomas. How is everything going?

helperDVM