Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I'm with a 501c3 cat rescue group, very active at PetSmar

Customer Question

Hello, I'm with a 501c3 cat rescue group, very active at PetSmart. We took several cats from a shelter a few months ago and one had some tumors on the stomach. Our rescue Vet. took an x-ray and said it was cancer (had spread to organs) and that we should just take her home to foster for as long as she had left. That was two months ago. She's gained considerable weight, has a great appetite, uses the box regularly, drinks normal amounts of water but all the while her abdomen expands and now it is enormous! I don't see how she can walk around much longer. She certainly cannot jump up on the window ledge. I contacted an Oncology office but the prices were prohibitive. I still can't believe this cat seems so responsive and loving, no signs of illness, other than this massive trunk. Is it possible she was misdiagnosed? What will eventually happen? Have you seen tumors this large on cats?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I would like to assist with your question today. Do you have a photo of this mass you could submit?