Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Just put a small pony tail palm in my home last night found a place where my cat has

Customer Question

Just put a small pony tail palm in my home last night found a place where my cat has spit up 2 blades of grass from it should I be concerned? I just read it is not poison.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. The pony tail plant isn't a toxic plant to dogs or cats. Here is a good link on it.
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/pony-tail
So if she is to chew on it, it won't be a toxicity issue. In saying that though, could she eat some and just get nauseated from that? My own cat will chew on plain grass if she gets out and like a clock, she'll vomit it up about 4 hours later. It could be just something that is more sensitive to her stomach. It would be advised to try and keep her away from the plant if she is going to chew on it and have an upset stomach from that.