benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian
Experience:  Companion animal medicine and homeopathy.
72094388

2 wks ago found kitten abandoned under a road over pass. Took

Customer Question

2 wks ago found kitten abandoned under a road over pass. Took the kitten to vet same day. Kitten was found to be about three weeks old. In good health eyes nose fecal -all clear. Only had ear mites and was given meds for that. Vet warned that most abandoned kittens develop colds but she didnt prescribe any meds. She took to bottle well then moved on to oft foods. Now two weeks later her appetite is off, her eyes are teary and she keeps blinking one eye. No sneezing. No funds to take her back to vet. Have left over clavamox drops, clavamox 62.5 mg pills, neomycin and polymyxin b 3.5 gm and gentamicin sulfate usp 0.3%. Her weight is abt 1.12 lbs. What would be best meds for her?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  benedetta7 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Benedetta, and I would like to help with your kitten.
If the neomycin and polymixin are in an ophthalmic solution or ointment, I would start with that, applying to both eyes 3-4 times per day.
She needs to be eating to take oral meds, so I would try topical first.
Also, makes sure that she is urinating and defecating, as I find that many small kittens who go to real food early have constipation and dehydration. It is ok to go back to the bottle for a couple of meals or even a couple of day, and even water down formula if she needs to get rehydrated. More fluids will also help fight the infection better.
Expert:  benedetta7 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

benedetta7