Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Our Siamese Cat is an outdoor type, today he is regurgitating

Customer Question

Our Siamese Cat is an outdoor type, today he is regurgitating blood and water, he is not down and sick yet. What can we give him to stop the blood. The cat hate grass earlier today.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Luther.
Is he still eating, and drinking? If you look at his gums are they pink in color or do they look pale?
Is he vomiting, or regurgitating? Vomiting involves some posturing and sounds before the vomit comes up; regurgitating is just opening the mouth and the blood and water pours out without effort or noise.
The best drugs for possible stomach bleeding are by prescription. The best over the counter medication would be Pepcid AC, or famotidine. A cat can take 2.5 to 5 mg twice daily.
If he is vomiting or regurgitating, and is not eating or drinking, he could become dehydrated. If his gums look pale rather than pink, he needs medical attention.
Let me know how he is doing and what else I can answer.