Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat has unsteady gait twitching of head and limbs

Customer Question

my cat has unsteady gait twitching of head and limbs for 2 days .my vet said it is reaction to flea med could it be something worse?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. From your description, this does sound very much like a reaction to flea medication. If your sweet Dexter is still eating well, this will pass. It also could be due to an allergic reaction and this would respond to Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. The muscle relaxer is helpful but Dexter may require help to get past this. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta