How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask brisadog Your Own Question
brisadog
brisadog,
Category: Cat Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 6785
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280
Type Your Cat Veterinary Question Here...
brisadog is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cat took a 1/2 inch square bite from asiatic lily leaf. Could

Customer Question

Cat took a 1/2 inch square bite from asiatic lily leaf. Could have been one to 15 hours ago. No symptoms.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today. Lily ingestion of any type (even just the pollen) can cause serious illness and acute kidney failure.
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
He needs to be taken to a vet right away. I would start with a physical exam, oral administration of activated charcoal (to absorb any of the lily remaining in the GI tract), and start him on a high rate of IV fluids right away.
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
We need to check his kidney values on blood work now and again in 48 hours.
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
Based on those values, we can evaluate how serious his condition is and if we need any further treatment at that time. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.
Expert:  brisadog replied 2 years ago.
How is Batman doing?