Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My kitten, who is now about 5 months old had been injured accidentally

Customer Question

my kitten, who is now about 5 months old had been injured accidentally. She was hurt in her front and back legs and seemed sore in her mid body as well. She was unable to walk. Was to the vet who did not think anything was broken. I did not have the money to pay for an xray. She has been taking 0.15 mls of Metacam daily for 13 days as presribed by her vet.I also started giving her a couple of drops of Oceans Alive marine phytoplankton a few days ago. She (her name is Miracle) took a very bad turn for the worse starting yesterday, and seems in very bad shape. She did not want food at all today she is drinking a little water by dropperful, , is very listless and looks very sick. I have a vet appointment for her in the morning at 11:30. My questions are could either the phytoplankton or the medication be what is causing her to be so sick ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Has Miracle had any vomiting, gulping, lip licking, retching or gagging?Can she keep water down?Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?What color are her stools? Any blood or black material?