Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Have 3 cats. All fixed. I drive truck n in past year away from

Customer Question

Have 3 cats. All fixed. I drive truck n in past year away from home a 48 n 30 hr. Period each wk. I leave out dry food for them to consumer in a gravity fed feeder. I know too much food but I may have a complication returning which extends this away period. One of the cats has doubled in size. What can I do. My schedule in 2 wks. Will change to two 24-30 hr. Periods away. A bit better on them.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I recommend that you switch to a food designed for indoor cats only. This will be lower in calories and should help.
Do any of your other cats look too thin? I'm wondering if your obese kitty is guarding the food and preventing the others from eating well.