Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 year of veterinary experience in feline surgery, medicine and behavior

My cat hgas a swollen lymph gland in the left leg area. they

My cat hgas a swollen lymph gland in the left leg area. they vet said the ones in the lower leg areas are slightly enlarged as well and gave me an antibiotic to take. Does the swollen glands always mean cancer. H e was mauled by dogs acouple weeks ago and is doing great, could it be caused from that?
Good evening,
This is Dr. Christian. At this age infection is definitely the most likely cause and certainly if he picked up an infection from the dog bites that could cause the swollen lymph nodes. Luckily, cancer would be extremely unlikely at this age. Antibiotics should clear this up but if he isn't improved in a few days then have him rechecked. If you have more questions please reply back. Thank you.