Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian in Practice 19 Years
2263760

My daughters cat keeps eating at their exercise mat (foam rubber) which is stuck/glu

My daughter's cat keeps eating at their exercise mat (foam rubber) which is stuck/glued to their floor. They have tried bitter apple and also tried squeezing the orange rind and using that, but nothing is working.
Hello. Thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
You can try a "scat mat" which will give a little shock if they cat steps on it. After that she will not want to go near that area again.
You can also try a product that give a "puff of air," or "a spray of citronella."
Here are two online stores that sell those types of products.
Pet deterrent sprays, barriers, mats
Safe pet products

Sometimes, when cats are anemic, or lacking red blood cells, they eat strange things. So it would probably be a good idea to have her blood checked to make sure her red cells are at adequate levels.

I hope this helps.
If you have additional quesitons, please click "reply."
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think my daughter would want to give her cat a "shock" treatment (I wouldn't either) but neither of us thought of the puff of air treatment or a spray of citronella. Will try that.

thank you.

You are welcome. Cats are pretty smart. Hopefully it will just take one time and she will stay away from the mat. Smile