Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

13 year old female cat has just been diagnosed with multiple

13 year old female cat has just been diagnosed with multiple health issues
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Can you tell me what signs your cat had, what diagnostics were run and what they're treating with. Then, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

X-ray showed large mass filling most of abdomen from spine to front

blood tests normal red and white counts

also lesions on kidneys

Ok.

It sounds like she probably has Lymphoma. This is a common cancer in cats. It can cause quite large abdominal masses. It can also affect the liver, spleen, intestines and kidneys.

The best course of treatment would be to remove the mass and start chemotherapy. If you can't do surgery on it, then I would start steroids (Prednisone) +/- other chemotherapy. There is injectable chemo and oral chemo tablets. Either way, you should get it to shrink down some and improve her quality of life and appetite.

Chemo is not going to cure her, but it should help with her overall quality of life and it should get you some good time with her. A realistic survival time is probably in the 4-6 month range. Some cats will live up around 12 months with a good response to chemo.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Connie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?