Just an update...I am still waiting for TLI results, had blood draw last Saturday, today lab told vet results won't be in until 7/8 (I don't like this lab, waited 3 weeks for biopsy results last year [different cat]).
Vet talked me into retesting for thyroid issues and also for food allergies (expensive) and both came back negative. Fuzzy was coincidentally sick when I took him to vet, had fever, and sneezed constantly for next couple of days.
Two days ago he started seeking heat -- sitting in sun (unusual for him), sitting on me, or crawling under blankets -- and also scratching more than usual. Then yesterday I noticed he's actually got a bald spot developing on top of his head (clearly not stress-licking)...vet was so sure it was food allergies I gave him some prednisone, but it didn't make much dif, then those tests came back negative late this afternoon (caveat: he may have pollen allergies).
Given the TLI delay and his fast-deteriorating condition, I asked vet if it would hurt to try him on the Epizyme in the meantime, and he said it would be okay, so I've ordered some and am hoping this works, because otherwise I think I'll have to put the poor guy down before he effectively starves to death...he's under 9 lbs. now. I should have the Epizyme by Tuesday, will keep you posted on effectiveness and TLI tests once received. If this does turn out to be the answer, I will make sure you get a nice bonus.