DrChristineM, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years in small animal medicine, focus on feline medicine

my cats are inside with a daily cleaned tile room they have

my cats are inside with a daily cleaned tile room they have never had an infection or illness in 6yrs however since moving to a new home 3 mths ago they have suddenly fell ill with sneezing. For a week now this has been taking place they still eat an drink just a less then normal. This is their first home on a second story. The home sat for 2yrs with no one occuping it, before they were moved in all tile carpet paint ect was new. Within the first 2 1/2mths they adapted fine however now this. Im worried please help
Thank you for your question. Are they having any discharge from the yes or nose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Some Yes it's completely clear an it's only there some days not all the time
Very good, thank you. The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with an upper respiratory infection. These infections are usually caused by viruses and in most cats will run their course in a week or two. Stressors, such as moving, can often cause these viruses to "break" in cats--the virus may have been dormant in the system since they were very young kittens. We can never tell what will make a cat break with an upper respiratory infection in such cases.

If they are eating and drinking well, acting normally and playful, then you are safe to monitor them for a few days. If either of them becomes lethargic, stops eating/drinking, or seems to be running a fever, you should consider having them seen as antibiotics may be needed to help them overcome the infection.

In the meantime, it sounds like you are doing all the right thing to help them along with this. I will just add a few in case they come up: keeping the nose and eyes clean (gently wipe away any discharge with a warm, moist cloth). Keep them well hydrated by adding water to any food you are already feeding.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can clarify anything or if you have any additional questions!