DrChristineM, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years in small animal medicine, focus on feline medicine

What type of food is best for a 20.5 yr. old female spayed

What type of food is best for a 20.5 yr. old female spayed cat dx with chronic kidney disease: Phos.level of 11.7 & NA level of 165?
Thank you for your question. Are you looking for an over-the-counter food or a prescription food?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Whatever is best for my little girl.

Ok, thank you. In most cases, we will recommend a prescription diet, but these can very unpalatable for most cats. If this were my cat, I would start with seeing if she will eat Royal Canin's Renal LP (prescription).
If she won't eat it, you can look for a low protein/low phosphorus over-the-counter diet. There are many options out there. The most important thing is that she eat!
Here are two sites that give protein & phosphorus content of various foods:
Wet diets
Dry diets

When you look at these tables, you want to look at the first two columns (% Phosphorus and % Protein) and find a diet that is low in both.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any other questions for you!