DrChristineM, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years in small animal medicine, focus on feline medicine

My 18 year old cat has some blood in her urine. She is excessively

My 18 year old cat has some blood in her urine. She is excessively thirsty. She is loosing moter coordination. WHAT IS IT?
Thank you for your question. Can you please describe for me a little more what you are seeing when you say she is losing motor coordination?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Occassionally, upon waking up, she will falter, stumble, become clumbsy, and her tail gets rigid as if to try and balance her. Afterward, she is very tired. Her hunger is slight, but her fluid intake is extreme. She is very very thin now, of course, she is very very old.

I am very concerned that Little may be suffering from diabetes. Diabetes can cause all the symptoms that you are seeing, and is a very common illness in older cats. We can often see increased thirst, weight loss, decreased appetite, and neuro-muscular problems as the levels of glucose in the blood get high (the glucose interferes with nerve function).
In addition, many cats with diabetes will get urinary tract infections, which may be why you are seeing blood in the urine. High levels of glucose in the urine make these cats predisposed to urinary tract infections.
There are other issues that could cause these issues, but diabetes is the one I am most concerned about right now. It is very easy to test for this, and fairly easy to diagnose with simple bloodwork. Many cats do well with insulin and diet change (some even do not need insulin long term).

I would advise that you have Little seen as soon as you can. I hope this helps--if I can clarify anything or if I can answer any other questions for you, please let me know!