I think my cat ingested a plink (garbage disposal cleaner). He was running rapid through the house and 'foaming' at the mouth. He had calmed down but will not take milk or water. Thoughts????
Hello. These cleaners are not typically a systemic toxin. They can cause the signs you are seeing though. We typically get bad taste reactions- foaming, drooling- as well as hyperactivity secondary to that taste and any burning in the mouth, throat or stomach. The best thing is to just rinse his mouth out with cool water. You can also try feeding some milk to neutralize the product. If he won't take it, then you can try some canned cat food or canned tuna. Often these fishy flavors will over-ride the product and help with the foaming and drooling. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.