Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

My cat has bumps and scabs all over her body. She continuously

My cat has bumps and scabs all over her body. She continuously grooms and pulls clumps of hair out of herself. We do not have fleas anywhere around the house as my other cat does not have this problem. We moved into this house last August and I am wondering if it may be tension. What can I do to help her?

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

The little scabs and clumps of hairloss is very typical of a common condition in cats called miliary dermatits. This is due to your cat's immune system reacting with her skin or occasionally a skin infection. This can be started by stress but is not always cured by removal of the stress. Once the immune system starts working against your cat then usually steroids are needed to get it under control. It doesn't necessarily need to be treated forever sometimes only once will get it to stop. Most topical treatments and at home treatments waste time and do no good. At your convenience she needs to see her vet and a simple medication will get this under control.

I hope this helps, best wishes.
Dr. Dan
Hi Dennis,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Peaches. How is everything going?

Doctor Dan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After taking her to the vet yesterday and she received an steroid shot, she seems to have calmed down a lot. She doesn't seem to be as skittish as she was and her appetite has come back.