Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice,
18324312

My 2 cats keep chewing on my husbands oxygen tubing Ive tried

My 2 cats keep chewing on my husband's oxygen tubing I've tried bitter apple but they still do it Help!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
I'm sorry to read of the situation in which you find yourself.
I would suggest trying a product called Yuk 2e Anti-lick Gel. This is absolutely the worst tasting animal repellent I know of. Pet stores, some veterinarian and online stores all carry it. It's not as easy to apply as a spray, but worth the extra effort. Put some on a QTip first and put the QTip into each of their mouths. This way they won't get the fun of chewing before the taste hits them, then, hopefully they'll avoid anything that smells like Yuk. You can buy it online without a prescription at all the sources I mentioned, but here is one online source : http://www1.bottomdollar.com/p__Vet_Planet_Yuk_2e_Anti_Lick_Gel_1_2_oz,__790635419/search=yuk+2e+anti+lick+gel/skd=1
If I may be of further assistance to you, please let me know.
Best regards,
Dr. Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you think of a reason why the cats do this--sometimes they go for months without touching the tubing? Just recently we discovered that both of them are doing it.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
The only reason I can offer is that they find it entertaining. The one thing you can say about all cats is that there is no one thing you can say about cats! They are all individuals and can be very unpredictable.
Dr. Bob