My cat got into Chocolate, I dont know how much he ate or what time he ate it, but it is around 4 am that I saw it. What should I do?
Hello there,What type of chocolate was ingested? Milk, dark, white?What does the cat weigh?Has there been any vomiting or diarrhea?
I havent seen any vomit/diarrhea, roughly 10-15 lbs, and milk chocolate.
If it was ingested over an hour ago it is too late to induce vomiting. Milk chocolate is the least toxic form of chocolate. A cat that size would have to ingest over 5 ounces to cause severe symptoms like tremors and seizures. Vomiting and diarrhea would be most common when small amounts are ingested. Symptoms can take upto 24 hours to develop. I would monitor the cat closely today. If any vomiting or diarrhea occurs, the cat should then be examined by your vet today. If neither occur, there was not enough ingested to cause problems. The following are all possible symptoms of toxicity in cats:
12 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.
Thank you. Very helpful!
You are very welcome. Good Luck!