Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

My cat may have drank some diluted spic and span home cleaner.

Customer Question

My cat may have drank some diluted spic and span home cleaner. Earlier he was vomiting and unable to stand. Now he is lethargic and walks in circles and into things. He will not eat or drink. He is approximately 2 years old and weighs about 12 pounds.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 5 years ago.

Drew :

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian, and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Drew :

IN a situation like this, treatment is mostly symptomatic and supportive -- typically, we will start intravenous fluids, and give medicines to settle the stomach. Blood tests are usually run in order to check for organ damage.

Drew :

unfortunately, the at-home treatment options are rather limited.

Drew :

youc an try to encourage him to drink some fluid from a dropper, such as water, or diluted chicken broth, or diluted tuna juice.

Drew :

however, if he is resisting this, then forcing the issue may put him at risk of aspirating fluid into his lungs.

Drew :

I would strongly advise seeking veterinary care as soon as reasonably possible, so that supportive therapy can be begun.

JACUSTOMER-kbgvo5hp- :

thank you

Drew :

you're welcome - I wish both of you all the best.