Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.

Need Tender Vittles like semi moist cat food

Is there a semi-moist cat food like Tender Vittles currently on the market?  Since this is costing 18 bucks to ask I would appreciate some details like a brand name and how/where it can be purchased!  Thanks.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 4 years ago.

Semi-moist cat foods were taken off the market by most of their manufacturers because they had high levels of preservatives and many veterinarians and cat owners became concerned about them.

The only brands I can find that still produce a semi-moist food are Hilife and Ultra.

Here's a link to a source for Hilife:

And here's another for Ultra:

Ideally cats would eat mostly canned cat food as it increases the water content in their diet and more naturally mimics their natural diet.

I understand that dry food can be more convenient. But please continue to feed at least some canned.

Best of luck.