Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

my 1o year old siamese cat wont eat. we went to the vet and

Customer Question

my 1o year old siamese cat won't eat. we went to the vet and did urine and blood work and everything checked out fine. nothing new in the house. we have had a puppy for a year so i don't think it's anxiety. any ideas what to do or how i can get him to eat?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Loretta :

Hi, this is Dr Loretta and I will be right with you!

Dr. Loretta :

Does your girl act depressed? It is very important that she eats since anorexia can cause a fatty liver and this will not be good for your girl. The best thing to do for now is to give her Nutrical, a dose every 4 hrs during the day. This can be purchased at the pet store and will act as an appetite stimulant. If this continues, your vet will have prescription appetite stimulants that may help. There may be a medical cause for this so your vet may need to run further diagnostics such as xrays and ultrasounds to find teh cause for thsi anorexia. Good Luck!