CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

My cat is very sick, he has bleeding from his mouth, drooling

My cat is very sick, he has bleeding from his mouth, drooling and is very lathargic. He stopped eating a week ago and will not drink. We have given him some water with an oral syringe and he will swallow that. He seems to have some sensitivity to touching on his back and hindquarters and hisses when he is moved. He will not lay on his side, just sits in a crouched position with his paws straight out and not folded in as usual. His eyes are half open with no drainage or unusual coloring and his pupils are responsive. He has a bad odor like the smell of urine and his fur seems "rough looking".
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Is he an indoor only cat?

What color are the gums? Is there a yellow color to the eyes or mouth?

-
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He is an indoor/ outdoor cat, likes to go out once a day while I am at work, comes in with me when I get home. Just looked in his mouth, gums are pink. One other detail his tongue is sticking out of his mouth between his upper canines. His eyes are a normal green color.
Is he urinating normally?

-
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I would say he is not urninating at all that I can tell. He has not moved from his currant position in three days.
With what you write - his signs are compatible with a SERIOUS condition of a urinary blockage!

When a cat can not urinate - the body can no longer get rid of toxins and chemicals.

This may truly be a life threatening emergency and my recommendation is to bring your cat to your veterinarian or the nearest ER for evaluation as soon as possible.

This link may also help - CLICK HERE

If they say your cat does not have a blockage - that is great - but the remainder of signs you report are serious and regardless of the cause, I would recommend that he is evaluated by a veterinarian today.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet