CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Can you recommend a high fiber canned food for my cat I have

Can you recommend a high fiber canned food for my cat? I have been feeding her Hill's Prescription w/d cat food but she has lost weight and the vet has suggested a diet that is for fur-balls. I cannot find one that is recommended online.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Why are you looking for a high fiber diet?

This would not be a common request with a cat that has lost weight.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My cat was very constipated and was given an enema. She had not been having bowel actions because she had an infection of her anal glands and it hurt her to go. She was put on the Hill's w/d diet and lactulose solution which I am still giving her. She is having daily bowel actions now. The result showed that she had been eating the Purina Cat Chow without chewing it and it came out in whole pieces so that is why she is having canned food. The vet said to give her more of the w/d diet but it is very expensive and I wondered if you could recommend something less expensive.
For situations such as this, a low residue diet such as this (CLICK HERE) would be a reasonable alternative.
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has be

en of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet