Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice,

Recieved Advantage II in large volume for Dogs and Cats

Recieved Advantage II in large volume for "Dogs and Cats" you just measure the dose for cats.
I have been doing this with original Advantage for years, but is it also safe with Advantage II?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. bob.
Advantage II is definitely safe in cats, are you asking for the dosage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now I'm talking about using Advantage II for large Dogs and measuring down the dose to 0.4 for cats under 9 lbs and 0.8 for cats over.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. Sorry fro the delay in getting back to you, I was offline for lunch.
Yes, Advantage II can be used at those dosages with no problem.
Another similar product, Advantage Multi, however, has different proportions of the active ingredients between the dog and cat versions, and should not be used in this fashion.
If you should have further questions, please let me know.
Dr. Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to be sure of the answer, It is OK to use Advantage II for Dogs, on cats as long as the dose is adjusted as discussed. I don't want to harm my cats, but it does get expensive buying single doses for 13 cats.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
I understand.
Yes, Advantage II for large dogs is exactly the same product as Advantage II for cats.
Dosing Advantage II for large dogs properly will give you the same effect as if you had purchased Advantage II for cats. The size of the dose is the only difference with this product.
Kindest regards,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience: 35 years in practice,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much, Bob

Suki

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome!
Dr. Bob