CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

Why is my kitten stomach so big?? It looks really bloated.

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Is he eating?

Drinking?

Vomiting?

Normal stools?

-
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, yes he's eating and has normal stools.. He's drinking water fine. He did throw up once last night.
One possible cause is parasites, causing a kitten bloated belly.

Other causes would be eating a large meal - common in kittens.

Unfortunately other causes such as viruses causing fluid in the belly are other causes.

As long as there is a normal appetite and not continued vomiting - this is not an emergency, but if the bloating continues, I would have him evaluated as well as a stool sample.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We got him about 3 weeks ago and he was bloated then. We found him in are yard.
This would be a good reason to have him evaluated for the belly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I will let the vet know thank you.
You are very welcome - good luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I have a question. My dog has been scratching his ear a lot lately and shaking his head. That ear keeps going down. Can it be an infection?