Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Veterinarian
Experience:  20 years of companion animal experience

How can I demat my cat of multi mats

How can I demat my cat of multi mats?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Steve :

Hi, I'm Dr Steve. Unfortunately when cats fur gets matted often the only way to getit unmatted is to shaveit off.Don't try to cut the amts out with a scissors, you may accidentally cut the skin where themat is attached.Shaving with an electric hair clippers is much safer. Shampoos and trying to comb it out is very time consuning, difficult and painful to the cat. After the mats are shaved out, frequent (every other day) brushing can help prevent fromation mats. You may need to take the cat to a vet or a groomer to get the mats cut out

Dr. Steve :

I hope this has helped. If it has would please click the accept button so I may receive credit for my answer. Thank yu and good luck. I will check late r to see if you havemore questions.