Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004 with 15 years in feline rescue.
23926829

MY CAT HAS BEEN GETTING SICK EVERY TIME SHE EATS.SHE HAS BEEN

Customer Question

MY CAT HAS BEEN GETTING SICK EVERY TIME SHE EATS.SHE HAS BEEN ON THE SAME FOOD FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS. SHE WELL DO THIS FOR A FEW DAYS THEN SHE GETS BETTER .AND THEN STARTS DOING THIS AGAIN .SHE IS A INSIDE CAT. PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS.THANKS DORA
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Jenn :

Hi there

Customer :

Hello Dr.

Customer :

Canyou help me with my cat plz

Dr. Jenn :

Cats can get inflammatory conditions involving their GI system which can cause vomiting. Your baby will need to be seen by your vet as we need to be sure we are not dealing with a foreign body which can cause a GI blockage and vomiting. Blood work and x rays should be done so we can determine what our next step should be. If it is an inflammatory condition (eosinophilic enteritis) a steroid shot usually resolves the vomiting. In the meantime, you can try giving 1/4 tab;let of pepcid ac 10mg by mouth 30 minutes before a meal. I would also be sure to give hairball remedy 2-3 times weekly.

Customer :

I have done the hairball rememdy for all my cats .and the foothey eats has that in there. the eat IAMS indoor forcats

Dr. Jenn :

Perfect, try the pepcid in the meantime. Sometimes cats require a prescription diet that you would have to get from your vet if medication can not control the vomiting.

Customer :

I hope that they can see her for she is one of the 5 cats i have. I try to take good care of them and would not like to lose any of them. the cars ride well be hard on her too. I have given her pealite too so she has some water in her too

Customer :

I fell so bad that she is sick .she likes to play still and wants to eat too

Dr. Jenn :

The pedialyte will help prevent dehydration. The car ride will be worth it as we need to get the vomiting under control! and fingd a reason for it.

Customer :

thanks Dr.

Dr. Jenn :

No problem good luck!

Customer :

ok

Customer :

bye and thanks again

Dr. Jenn :

Take care