Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

What does an MRI for a cat cost

What does an MRI for a cat cost?
Well, a MRI also requires anesthesia to perform it, so can easily cost anywhere from $700-1000 as best guess. Huge variations in cost depending on where you go and where you live.

But, I would simply get a copy of those x-rays or request the x-rays be reviewed by a radiologist!
You may get a ton of information and guidance simply from a specialist reviewing the x-rays for your regular doctor!

Good Luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What will I pay to have an expert review the xrays? I live in Grosse Pointe Michgan, a suburb of Detroit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How much will it cost to have the xrays read by a specialist? I'm in Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan a suburb of Detroit. I'm just looking for a price range.
Well, if the x-rays were done digitally, it would be very easy for your vet to send them over the internet by email for radiologist to review. I would imagine $50-100 to review.

If not digital, you have to get a copy of them, and take to a facility that has a radiologist. Probably, cost about the same.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I find a facility that has a radiologist to read the xrays? I do have them. They took 2 views.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I get a response to my last question? How do I find a radiologist to read the cat's xrays?
Well,
You simply get a referral from your vet.
You really shouldn't need to.

Most vets have a in-house system setup in order to get x-rays reviewed by a specialist for you, and then they charge you the fee.

Otherwise, ask your vet for where they refer pets for difficult cases to internal medicine specialists or surgeons. That facility will certainly have a way for getting x-rays reviewed.